Once you’re fitted with your hearing device, it’s important to remember that outcomes can differ depending on your level and type of hearing loss.
Like all new things, you may take some time to adjust to wearing the hearing device. Research has shown that it usually takes around 30 days to realise the full benefits of hearing aids. To get the most out of your new device, it’s important to be an active participant in your ongoing care and maintenance.
At Mackay Hearing, we take the time to fully explain what to expect with a hearing device and the best way for you to get the most out of it.
Outcomes you can expect include:
- Fit and comfort: custom hearing instruments ensure the fit will be comfortable and pain free.
- Improvements in sounds through adjustments of your hearing aid settings. It is highly recommended you attend your follow up appointments so that we can review and optimise your settings based on your experiences. This is especially important during your ‘early trial’ period.
- Understand speech: your hearing device will improve your ability to process speech despite background noise, like in a busy restaurant or crowd.
- Improved communication and concentration: your ability to maintain productivity and professional standing at work will improve.
- Alertness: your device will enable you to hear alarms, traffic, telephones, doorbells and other important signals.
- Better relationships: you will feel empowered to take part in social situations again; your intimacy and warmth in relationships will improve as well as the frustration of loved ones.
- Improved mental health: hearing loss can result in depression, anxiety, feelings of paranoia, social phobias and self-criticism. Your improved hearing abilities can improve your health and quality of life.
- Improved energy levels. Your brain has to work hard to process sounds when you have a hearing loss. Once your hearing aids are helping with this, you will find you regain your energy levels.
We are also keen to receive feedback on your experience with Mackay Hearing. If you would like to provide general feedback or share your experience on our website, please contact our friendly local staff directly on (07) 4952 4649 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.