There are over 1,000 different hearing solutions on the market in a range shapes, sizes, colour price and performance level.
Amongst these devices is your ideal hearing solution, and we’re here to help you find it.
What Are Hearing Aids?
Hearing aids are highly sophisticated communication devices that act as an aid to improve your hearing loss. While there are many types, our modern devices:
- Amplify quiet sounds, but not over-amplify loud ones
- Make speech understandable while suppressing disruptive noise in loud environments
- Allows you to recognise where sounds are coming from
What are the different types of hearing aids?
We offer a range of hearing aids to suit all tastes, budgets and hearing loss. We will usually recommend a device for your needs, but you will always have a choice.
Today’s modern hearing devices are tiny and almost invisible – nothing like the ‘beige bananas’ you may remember. You will have a choice of invisible in the ear devices or discreet behind the ear devices. We offer a wide range of styles, models and even colours.
Regardless of the type of hearing device you choose, all devices within Mackay Hearing’s range are reliable, provide clear high quality sound and are easy to maintain.
Behind the ear (BTE)
Most people choose this type of hearing device, which are now light, very small and almost invisible when in use.
In the ear (ITE)
You may prefer to have a custom hearing device fitted in your ear canal. How visible the device is will depend on the size of your ear canal. In some cases these can be completely invisible
How Do Hearing Aids Work?
- A microphone picks up sounds
- Sounds are analysed by the processing chip
- Processed sounds are sent to the amplifier
- Amplified sounds are sent to the loudspeaker
- Sounds are transmitted by the loudspeaker into the inner ear where they are transformed into electrical impulses
- Impulses are picked up by the brain where they are processed.
If you would like any more information on hearing aids, or you wish to make an appointment for comprehensive diagnostic hearing test, please contact our friendly local staff directly on (07) 4952 4649 or email us at [email protected]