Mackay Hearing is accredited to provide free or subsidised services and products to eligible recipients under the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
Inclusions in the program
If eligible for the program you could receive fully or partially subsidised hearing services, from your assessment, through to devices and maintenance.
To see a list of possible inclusions, visit the Department of Health website.
The program provides eligible people with access to a range of free and subsidised hearing services. There are several different funding options available, with a range of different eligibility requirements.
If you meet any of the below, you may be eligible. Up to date and full details can be found on the Hearing Services Program website.
- Hold a Pensioner Concession Card
- Hold Veteran’s Gold Card
- Get Centrelink Sickness Allowance
- Hold a Veteran’s White Repatriation Health Card for hearing loss
- Dependant on someone who holds any of the above
- A member of the Australian Defence Force
- A member of the Disability Employment Services (DES)
- Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander and 50+ or involved in the ‘Remote Jobs and Communities Program’
- Younger than 26 years old
- Referred by your National Disability Insurance Agency Planner to services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
If so, then you may be eligible for Government Hearing Services.