As the health and societal impacts of the global COVID pandemic reach further across Australia and Queensland, we are constantly monitoring the situation and reviewing and refining our operations.
Being able to hear clearly and communicate effectively with loved ones, medical practitioners and other key service personnel will be crucial in the coming weeks and months and we intend to maintain our services to the community unless directed otherwise.
However, of course, it is not business as usual. The following steps have been / will be taken to maintain the health and safety of our clients and team members:
Measures taken by our clinic at this stage:
- We will continue to provide services during normal business hours at our Ooralea clinic and at all our normal visiting sites. In saying this, we will continue to monitor the situation at a national, state and local level, and adhere to any directives or advice given by relevant regulatory authorities.
- We will adhere to our normal strict infection control procedures before, during and after appointments. We have commenced increased sanitisation regimes in our waiting facilities.
- We are providing hand sanitisation facilities at our front counter – which we encourage clients to use before and after appointments.
- We have implemented measures to increase personal space in our waiting facilities and appointment rooms.
- We have CANCELLED remaining Free Hearing Screens at non-medical facilities. As such, last week’s hearing screens at BUPA were cancelled and this week’s screens at Wests Leagues Club and Sarina Bowls Club will not go ahead. At this stage, screens at the Mackay GP Superclinic on Wednesday 25th March will go ahead as planned.
- We have CANCELLED Hear With You Mackay support group meetings until further notice.
Please also be assured that the City GP Superclinic – the building our Ooralea clinic is located within – has also implemented a range of strict infection control (including an isolation room for suspected cases) and other measures in response to the pandemic.
During this time, we ask that our clients:
- Comply with quarantine, social distancing and hygiene measures directed / advised by regulatory authorities.
- To contact us as early as possible to reschedule your appointment (and seek medical advice) if you are experiencing COVID symptoms – dry cough, fever, tiredness, respiratory difficulties
- Continue to support our small family owned practice in this difficult time.
Should you have any questions or concerns, our friendly staff will be more than happy to provide clarification and reassurance. Please call us on (07) 4952 4649.
We will get through this as a community – but there will be some difficult times ahead. Please be vigilant and sensible, and take care of one another in the weeks and months ahead.
Find out more about Mackay Hearing at mackayhearing.com.au or call 4952 4649.