Hearing Awareness Week is an opportunity to raise awareness that hearing matters and that simple everyday measures can help avoid, minimise and / or delay hearing loss. Hearing Awareness Week also provides an opportunity to recognise that around 1 in 6 Australians have hearing loss; and that the testing and treatment options available have never been more effective.
Free hearing screens
Hearing loss slowly and silently erodes the ability to communicate – compromising relationships, confidence, mental health and physical health.
Hearing screens quickly and painlessly reveal if your hearing is normal, or whether further testing should be done.
Mackay Hearing are providing FREE Hearing Screens throughout March at venues throughout the region.
FREE hearing screen venues
Hearing screens will be provided at a host of venues throughout the region in March:
- Gordon White Library, Mount Pleasant – Friday 6 March – Phone: 4952 4649
- Health on Central, Andergrove – Friday 13 March – Phone: 4955 0555
- Mackay GP Superclinic, Rural View – Wednesday 25 March – Phone: 4954 8866
- Magpies Sporting Club, Glenella – Monday 2 March – Phone: 4965 6100
City and southside
- BUPA, Canelands Central – Friday 20 March – Cancelled due to Coronavirus
- City GP Superclinic – Thursday 26 March – Phone: 4952 4649
- Dudley Denny City Library, Mackay City – Wednesday 18 March – Phone: 4952 4649
- Medibank Private, Canelands Central – Monday 16 March – Phone: 4412 8209
- Souths Leagues Club, South Mackay – Tuesday 17 March – Phone: 4957 2166
- South Side Medical, Mackay City – Tuesday 3 March – Phone: 4957 4004
- Marian GP Superclinic – Tuesday 10 March – Phone: 4954 3702
- Walkerston GP Superclinic – Thursday 12 March – Cancelled due to Coronavirus
- Wests Leagues Club, Walkerston – Tuesday 24 March – Phone: 4949 2609
- Sarina Bowls Club – Wednesday 25 March – Cancelled due to Coronavirus
- Sarina Clinic – Wednesday 4 March – Phone: 4956 1355
To book a hearing screen at any of the above sessions, please contact the phone number listed for each venue or contact our clinic on 4952 4649.
The Hearing Awareness Week website has more information on the purpose and history of the initiative, and also general information on hearing and hearing loss.
Click here to access the Hearing Awareness Week website.