This year’s theme for World Hearing Day is: Hearing Care for ALL – Screen, Rehabilitate, Communicate.
Each year, Mackay Hearing proudly marks WHD and HAW throughout March with various events and initiatives.
This year, we are embarking on an our most far-reaching region-wide hearing screen program yet.
We think this ties in perfectly with this year’s WHD theme – we have tried to make our hearing screen tour accessible to all – with venues in all corners of the region and screens provided for FREE. Hearing screens are a meaningful way to start the hearing rehabilitation journey.
Further, the importance of hearing health and peer support for people with hearing loss will be communicated and celebrated at a community information session and at our support group for people with hearing loss.
HEAR, THERE & EVERYWHERE - REGION-WIDE HEARING SCREEN TOUR
If your or a loved one’s hearing is a little ‘all over the place’ – here’s a great chance to take action!
Wherever your hearing is at, come and be part of Mackay Hearing’s HEAR, THERE & EVERYWHERE Region-wide Hearing Screen Tour.
No referral needed. No ongoing contact or obligation for further services. Hearing screens are quick, painless & FREE.
FREE hearing screens are available at 20 venues in 18 localities right across our wonderful region!
Hear, There & Everywhere – hearing screen venues
- Mackay City: Paul Hopkins Medical Clinic (29 Brisbane St) – 17 March, 9am -11am
- Mackay City: South Side Medical (137 Shakespeare St) – 18 March, 1.30pm-3.30pm
- Rural View: Mackay GP Superclinic (1-3 Old Eimeo Rd) – 4 March, 9am -11am
- Andergrove: Health on Central (26 Central Dr) – 18 March, 9am – 12pm
- East Mackay: Paul Hopkins Medical Clinic (17 Shakespeare St) – 15 March, 9am -11am
- South Mackay: Souths Leagues Club (181 Milton St) – 9 March, 1.00pm – 3.30pm
- West Mackay: Mackay Family Medical Practice (142 Nebo Rd) – 24 March, 9am – 12.00pm
- West Mackay: Mackay Hearing (90 Nebo Rd) – throughout March by appointment
- Ooralea: City GP Superclinic (160 Boundary Rd) – 22 March, 9am -11am
- Bowen: Bowen Medical Centre (54 Powell St) – 11 March, 8.30am – 10.30am
- Proserpine: Proserpine Medical Centre (60a Main St) – 10 March, 9am – 11am
- Calen: St Helens Bowls Club (Pratts Rd) – 12 March, 9.30am – 11am
- Seaforth: Seaforth Bowls Club (Palm Ave) – 12 March, 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Walkerston: GP Superclinic (13-17 Dutton St) – 22 March, 12.30pm – 3pm
- Marian: GP Superclinic (Marian Town Centre) – 2 March, 9am – 10.30am
- Finch Hatton: Finch Hatton RSL (Anzac Pde) – 22 March, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Nebo: Nebo Medical Centre (2 Kemmis St) – 20 March, 9am – 2.30pm
- Sarina: AWAL Medical Centre (22 Central St) – 3 March, 9am – 11am
- Carmila: Carmila-Broadsound Coastal Care (10 Old Bruce Highway) – 25 March, 10am – 11.30am
- St Lawrence: St Lawrence & District Bowls Club (Railway Pde) – 25 March, 2pm – 3.30pm
Please phone 4952 4649 to book a hearing screen at any of the above venues.
Hear with you and community information session
Hear With You Mackay’s March meeting celebrating World Hearing Day and Hearing Awareness Week will be held between 10.00am and 12.00pm on Monday 8 March at Souths Leagues Club – 181 Milton Street, South Mackay.
Hear With You is a local support group for people managing hearing loss. Peer support is an important part of treating hearing loss. Hear With You meetings are completely free and open to anyone with hearing loss and their partners / support people.
The group is informal – no applications or RSVPs required for meetings. If you would like to attend, just come to Souths on the day.
Community information sessions on hearing health will take place at Eaglemount Retirement Village at 1.30pm Monday 1 March, and at the Mackay Older Women’s Network (OWN) meeting at 11am Tuesday 16 March (PCYC, North Mackay). Numbers attending these events will be strictly limited. If you are not a resident of Eaglemount RV or member of Mackay OWN and would like to attend, please phone us on 4952 4649.
For more information on any of Mackay Hearing’s initiatives and events for World Hearing Day and Hearing Awareness Week, please phone us on 4652 4649.