Position Type: Medical Receptionist/Audiology Assistant
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Application closes: 5:00pm Friday 26 June 2020
Do you have a passion and skills for developing genuine rapport with clients? Do you have a proven track record in providing high quality administrative support to clients and your colleagues? Are you interested in developing your career in a small but dynamic and growing health service? Are you thoughtful, empathetic, caring and community-minded? If this sounds like you or someone you know, we have an exciting employment opportunity.
Mackay Hearing is the only locally and independently owned hearing clinic in Mackay. That means we are fully committed to, and solely focused on, the hearing needs of our local area. We pride ourselves on providing a high quality, personalized and client-focused hearing health service.
Founded by Director and Principal Audiologist, Jodie Miles, Mackay Hearing commenced practicing in early 2016. Our team is small but growing. That means the position is fast-paced and diverse, with excellent prospects for career development.
Our newest team member will have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Motivation to use initiative and solve problems independently
- Skills in conflict resolution
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic
- Professional personal presentation
- A helpful, positive, and solutions-focused attitude
- Experience using MS office software (experience using and adapting to database management systems also desirable)
- Experience with entering accurate data entry and typing
- Ability to adapt easily to changing work commitments within the team
- Be available to work during all opening hours
Our clinic operates Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm, Thursday nights until 7:00pm and Saturday mornings between 9:00am and 12:00pm. The position would need to cover core weekday business hours and occasional Thursday night and Saturday morning shifts.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the position must include the following:
(1) Personal resume including contact details, detailed work history and any qualifications obtained
(2) A short response outlining your skills and experience in relation to each selection criteria listed below:
SC1: Competence in reception and administrative duties
SC2: Proficiency in use of computer programs (eg. MS Word, MS Outlook, information databases, internet) to enter and maintain records, write and send correspondence and find relevant information
SC3: High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
SC4: Proven ability to function effectively as a team member
SC5: Excellent organizational and prioritisation skills enabling the completion of tasks efficiently and effectively
SC6: Demonstrated initiative, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
SC7: Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, empathy and respect for clients enabling client rapport, trust and satisfaction
SC8: Demonstrated ability to work professionally, maintain confidentiality and adhere to policies and procedures
Please send applications for the position to [email protected] before the application deadline – 5.00pm Friday 26 June 2020.
For further information on the position or how to apply, please contact us on 4952 4649 or email [email protected].